Ontario Railway Stations
The former VIA Rail station was built by the GTR (later CN) in 1855. The station was altered in the late 19th century with the addition of a second storey. A second and much larger station was built south of the original building shortly after. It has since been demolished. The original station has historical designation. It was closed in 2012 and is currently vacant.
The CPR station was built by the Canadian Northern Railway in 1911. It was shared with the CPR until 1923, who subsequently purchased the building in 1924 after CN abandoned the CNoR line. It was used until 1966 and demolished in 1976.
The new VIA Rail station was opened in 2012.