Saskatchewan Railway Stations
Biggar's station was opened in 1910 by the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (later CN). In its early days it boasted a 24-hour restaurant, a rarity in those days especially in a small community like Biggar. In 1976 it was designated a National Historic Site. The station was closed after passenger service ended in 1978. Following decades of neglect resulting in major structural damage, CN applied to the government in 2014 for permission to demolish the building. Permission was finally granted in 2018.