Nova Scotia Railway Stations
The Pictou station was built by the Intercolonial Railway (later CN) in 1904 and replaced an earlier station. Passenger service ended in 1963. In 1976 it was designated as a National Historic Site. In 1996, it was seriously damaged by fire and later restored. The building is presently owned by the town of Pictou and used for an assortment of community functions.