New Brunswick Railway Stations
McAdam Station was built by the CPR in 1900. It operated as both a station and 20-room hotel and offered customs and immigration services. It even housed a small jail. At its height, it handled up to 2,000 passengers per day. The hotel closed in 1959. VIA used the station on and off until 1994 when passenger service was permanently discontinued, the same year that CPR sold the line to the New Brunswick Southern Railway (NBSR).
The station is now owned by the municipality. It is both a Provincial and National Historic Site. The ground floor has been beautifully restored. Work is currently underway on the upper two floors. The station is open to the public seasonally and tours are available. The yards remain in use by NBSR.