link image

canada-rail

British Columbia Railway Stations

Smithers

  • Image of railway station

    Grand Trunk Pacific Railway

    ca. 1915

  • Image of railway station

    Canadian National Railway

    ca. 1915

Smithers was named for Sir Alfred Smithers, a financier, parliamentarian and chairman of the Grand Trunk Railway's board of directors. From 1913 to 1919, it was the regional headquarters for the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (later CN) until it was nationalized.

All text, content, original photographs and any other media on this site are protected under Canadian copyright legislation.
Content on this site cannot be reproduced without the written permission of the copyright holder. Please view our copyright statement for more infomation.

Website design & home page photo: ©Jeri Danyleyko, all rights reserved