Saskatchewan Railway Stations
Moose Jaw's first station (not pictured) was built by the CPR around 1882. After being destroyed by fire in 1898, it was replaced with a chateau-style structure that offered both luncheon and dining rooms as well as hotel accommodation for about 30 guests. By the late teens, the station was considered too small and woefully inadequate. It was replaced around 1921 with the present building, which contained a restaurant and offices. There is no mention of hotel rooms. The station has historical designation and is presently used for a number of commercial operations.