Ontario Railway Stations
Danforth station, originally known as York, was built by the Grand Trunk Railway (later CN) in 1883. It was located at Main and Danforth and lasted until 1974.
Davenport station was built by the Ontario, Simcoe and Huron Railway (later Northern Railway of Canada) in 1857. The attractive brick building, located at Caledonia Road just north of Davenport Road, replaced an earlier wooden structure from 1853. It stood until 1932.
Don Station was built on the western bank of the Don River on Queen Street E. by the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1896. In 1906 it became a union station with the arrival of the Canadian Northern Railway (laser CN). It was closed in 1967 and moved to the Todmorden Mills heritage park in 1969, where it was on display for awhile but later closed. In 2008, it was moved once again, this time to the Toronto Railway Museum where it is a permanent display building.
Emery station was built by the Toronto, Grey and Bruce Railway (later CPR) around 1870. It was later demolished. The area once known as Emery Village is located at Finch Avenue West and Weston Road in what is now the city of Toronto.
Islington station was built by the CPR in the early 1920s. It replaced an earlier station built by the Credit Valley Railway. It was demolished around 1971.
Leaside station was built by the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1945/46, replacing an earlier station (not pictured) that was destroyed by fire. It was used by the railway until 1982 and then by a number of commercial and business operators. It is now owned by Metrolinx which has plans to re-adapt it for use on the proposed Midtown GO line.