Ontario Railway Stations
At one time Scotia was the junction point of both the Canada Atlantic and Grand Trunk Railways, hence the name Scotia Junction. The GTR acquired the CAR in 1904. The first station, built around 1895, was a beautiful turreted building befitting an important junction point. In the first photo, GTR Manager C.M. Hays is second from the left. The station burned down in 1914 and was replaced with a more simple building which no longer exists.