Ontario Railway Stations
The first station at Nolans was built by the Canadian Northern Railway around 1912. After it burned in 1925, it was replaced with this small flag station. The second station started out as a switchman's shanty and was likely an improvement over the original station. CN provided passengers with a flag, lantern, coal stove and coal. Passengers were expected to tend to the fire during the winter.
At some point the building was relocated to a nearby farm. In 1994 it was donated to the Eastern Ontario Railway Museum. It is now restored and forms part of the permanent display at the museum.