link image

canada-rail

Ontario Railway Stations

Mississauga

  • Clarkson GTR Station

    Grand Trunk Railway - Clarksons

    ca. 1912

  • Clarkson GTR Station

    Grand Trunk Railway - Clarksons

    Toronto Archives, 1548; Alan Howard Fonds, Photo: John Boyd Sr., ca. 1915

  • Clarkson CN Station

    Canadian National Railway - Clarkson

    Toronto Public Library, J.V. Salmon Collection, Acc. S 2-3119A, ca. 1955

  • Cooksville CPR Station

    Canadian Pacific Railway - Cooksville

    ca. 1929

  • Cooksville CPR Station

    Canadian Pacific Railway - Cooksville

    Toronto Public Library, J.V. Salmon Collection, Acc. S 1-3119B, ca. 1955

  • Erindale CPR Station

    Canadian Pacific Railway - Erindale

    Source: Mississauga Library System, date: unknown

  • Erindale CPR Station

    Canadian Pacific Railway - Erindale 1920

    Greeting card illustration: Earl Dick, 1969

  • Lorne Park GTR Station

    Grand Trunk Railway - Lorne Park

    Source: Mississauga Library System, image ca. late 1800s

  • Lorne Park CN Station

    Canadian National Railway - Lorne Park

    David MacFarlane Battersby, Mississauga Library System, ca. 1950s

  • Lorne Park CN Station

    Canadian National Railway - Lorne Park

    David MacFarlane Battersby, Mississauga Library System, ca. 1950s

The city of Mississauga was created in 1968 with the amalgamation of nine separate constituent villages and towns. Port Credit and Streetsville were added to the mix in 1976.

The Clarkson CN station (originally spelled Clarkson's) was built by the Great Western Railway in 1853. It was destroyed by fire in 1962.

The original Cooksville station was built by the Credit Valley Railway (later CPR) in 1878. It was destroyed by fire in 1883. The replacement lasted until 1912 when it was replaced with a new station. That station lasted until 1975.

The Erindale station was built by the Credit Valley Railway (later CPR) around 1878. It was demolished in the 1950s.

The first Lorne Park station was built by the Grand Trunk Railway. It was later replaced with a shelter by CN. The shelter lasted until 1967 when the GO station was opened.

The Malton CN station was built by the Grand Trunk Railway in 1912. It replaced an earlier station believed to have been built in the mid 1850s. It was demolished in 1973 and replaced with a shelter in 1974.

The Meadowvale station was built in the late 1870s by the Credit Valley Railway (later CPR). Service was cut back in the mid 1950s and discontinued in 1962. The station was used for commercial business until 1976 and then demolished.

The original Port Credit station was built by the Great Western Railway (later GTR) in 1855. It burned down sometime in the early 20th century and was replaced with a new station, later owned by CN. That station is no longer standing.

The Streetsville Junction station was built in 1879 by the Credit Valley Railway (later CPR). It was relocated in 1914. It is a designated provincial heritage building and is now used as a private home.

The original Streetsville CPR station was a small wooden frame structure. It was replaced in 1914 with a more substantial brick building. Passenger service was discontinued in 1961. The station remained in use by the railway until 1982 when it was demolished.

The Summerville station was built around 1878 by the Credit Valley Railway (later CPR). It is believed the station still exists and is stored away awaiting restoration.

All text, content, original photographs and any other media on this site are protected under Canadian copyright legislation.
Content on this site cannot be reproduced without the written permission of the copyright holder. Please view our copyright statement for more infomation.

Website design & home page photo: ©Jeri Danyleyko, all rights reserved