Ontario Railway Stations
Komoka's first railway station was built by the Great Western Railway (later GTR) in 1854. By 1858 Komoka had become a main junction point on the GWR for one line that went to Sarnia and another that went to Windsor. The station was upgraded to a much larger structure with living accommodations on the second floor.
The CPR arrived in 1881. In 1890 they constructed a 10-room station (not pictured) on the north side of the village.
The GWR station remained in use by the GTR and then CN until around 1940. At that point the station was dismantled and replaced with a smaller building hauled over from Gobles, some 89 km to the east.
The CPR station remained in use until the 1960s. It was demolished in 1969. The CN station lasted a few years longer, until 1974. In 1977 it was purchased by a local group of railway enthusiasts, relocated to its present site, and gradually restored. In 1986 it reopened as the Komoka Railway Museum. In addition to the displays featured on the museum's website, there is also an impressive collection of documents covering local history.