Ontario Railway Stations
Guelph's first station was built in 1855 by the GTR. Following considerable pressure from the community, it was replaced in 1911. Now known as Guelph Central Station, the building remains in use by VIA Rail, GO Transit and Greyhound Canada.
The first Guelph Junction (CPR) station was established in the John Galt home, built in 1827, It was replaced by the CPR, also in 1911. At the CPR's insistence, the old building was removed from the property and then relocated to Riverside Park. There was no funding to maintain the building. Consequently it was badly vandalized and finally demolished in 1926.
The second CPR station was closed in 1960 and used by the Chamber of Commerce for a number of years afterwards. In 1983 it was disassembled and transported to Cambridge (Galt) for reconstruction and future use as a railway museum. The job has never been completed.