Ontario Railway Stations
Chapleau's first station was built by the CPR around 1885. Chapleau was a major divisional point with larger staffing needs. Accordingly the station was comprised of two buildings, one for passengers and luggage, and the other for employees.
In 1909, both buildings were replaced with a new single building for both passengers and employees. Sometime before 1915, the second floor was extended to the full width of the building. The station was used until 1973, when it was demolished and replaced with a prefabricated structure, now owned by VIA Rail.
The original station buildings still exist. When the second station opened, both buildings were relocated to Monk Street and converted to private use.