Nova Scotia Railway Stations
The station was built by the Intercolonial Railway (later CN) in 1908 and sold to VIA Rail in 1978. It was used until 2012 when VIA cut back service in the Maritimes and switched to an unmanned facility. In 2013 it sustained serious damage from flooding after the pipes burst during the winter.
The station is protected under the Railway Heritage Act and it is hoped someone will step forward with the necessary funds to make repairs and present a viable plan for future use of the building.