Manitoba Railway Stations
The former Union Station was built by the Canadian Northern Railway in 1911 with the Grand Trunk/National Transcontinental Railways as lessees. Following the dissolution of both railways, it became part of Canadian National in 1918 and was turned over to VIA Rail in 1978. It remains in use as a railway station and for other business and commercial activities. It's also home to the Winnipeg Railway Museum.
The community of St. Boniface was absorbed into the the city of Winnipeg in 1971. St. James followed in 1972. The former Canadian Northern station in St. Boniface still stands, however it has been radically altered. Manitoba Historical Society